The following events will be taking place in the Town of Middleburg in April and May:
- From April 1 – May 13 visit the Town of Middleburg for Foxes on the Fence. The local fundraiser, now in its fifth year, will be auctioning off more than 40 hand-painted decorative foxes, hounds, and hares. The four-foot foxes, four-foot hounds, and two-foot hares will be decorated by local artists using a variety of artistic mediums and are designed for indoor and outdoor use. This year, proceeds from the auction will benefit the Middleburg Beautification Committee and will help promote the arts for the Town of Middleburg. Visitors will have an opportunity to meet the participating artists on April 29. For additional information about Foxes on the Fence, please visit facebook.com/FoxesOnTheFenceMiddleburg.
- On April 16, join the Cherry Blossom Breast Cancer Foundation for a Cherry Blossom 5k Run and One-Mile Pooch Prance. Visit cherryblossombreastcancerfoundation.org/get-involved/registration/ for additional information or to register.
- The Middleburg Spring Races will be held on Saturday, April 22, at Glenwood Park (36787 Glenwood Park Lane). Gates open at 10 a.m. Visit middleburgspringraces.com or call 540-687-6545 for additional information.
- On Saturday, April 22, the Middleburg Police Department will host a Prescription Drug Takeback event at the Middleburg Town Hall (10 W Marshall Street) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. During the drive-up event, officers will collect expired prescriptions. Members of Middleburg’s Go Green committee will also be on hand to collect unused or expired batteries for recycling. Visit facebook.com/middleburgpolice for additional information.
- The Town of Middleburg will celebrate spring with a special Arbor Day event on Saturday, April 29, from 9 – 10 a.m. This year’s event will be held at Middleburg Charter School (101 N Madison Street). The event will feature a tree planting and family-friendly activities. Middleburg’s Arbor Day Celebration is sponsored by the Town of Middleburg, the Town of Middleburg’s Streetscape Committee, and the Middleburg Beautification and Preservation Association. For additional information, visit middleburgva.gov.
- On Saturday, April 29, the Town of Middleburg will host a Spring Clean Up event. The event will begin at 7:45 a.m. at the Middleburg Community Center (300 W. Washington Street). Visit facebook.com/Middleburg.Sustainability or email [email protected] for additional information.
- The Middleburg Hunt Point-To-Point will be held on Sunday, April 30, at Glenwood Park (36787 Glenwood Park Lane). The first race begins at 1 p.m. Visit middleburghunt.com/pointtopoint.html for additional information.
- On Saturday, May 13, the Middleburg Arts Council and the Town of Middleburg will host the spring installment of its biannual arts celebration, Art in the Burg. Artwork from local and regional artists of different styles, forms, and subject matter will be on display throughout the town from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This year’s event will also feature live music, a fashion show, cooking demonstrations, art activities for kids, and a special Mother’s Day-themed Wine Garden. For additional information about Art in the Burg, please visit middleburgva.gov/art.
- The Middleburg Community Farmers Market will be held every Saturday from May 20 through October 28, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Local vendors will offer many unique products at the Middleburg Community Farmers Market this year. The market is located at the Middleburg Community Charter School (101 N. Madison Street). Please check the Town of Middleburg Facebook page for specials, updates, and additional information. Dogs on a leash are always welcome!
Posted on: March 30, 2023