Ideally located on a picturesque country road just north of the historic village of Middleburg, this stunning custom colonial presides over 37+ acres of lush pastures, brilliant perennial gardens and majestic towering trees. Stone pillars and a long winding tree-lined drive mark the entrance to this superbly built residence of uncompromising quality and extraordinary beauty.
The ivy covered stucco is reminiscent of a gracious English country home. The absolutely charming 12 room residence offers total privacy and seclusion and overlooks the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountain. There are four levels of spectacular living space of approximately 6240 square feet.
This includes four spacious bedrooms, four and one half baths, a fabulous gourmet kitchen, and an expansive library/office. Two wood-burning fireplaces, add charm and warmth, first-level 10 foot ceilings provide an open and airy feeling, multiple French doors and high windows with transoms, bathe the rooms with natural sunlight. Cherry floors milled from owners’ felled trees grace the center entry hall, dining room, stair treads, bannisters, second-level hall and Green Peace granite highlight the kitchen counters. Italian porcelain floors and handmade tiles for the back splash are featured here. The second level has three fully-appointed bedrooms: the Primary Bedroom Suite (including His and Hers walk-in closets, and a luxurious Primary Bath with Italian tile flooring and an impressive walk-in shower) and two spacious bedrooms with en suite baths and custom closets.The third level of approximately 900 square feet is ideal as a recreation room, office or studio.
The lower level boasts a fourth bedroom with a wood burning fireplace, sitting room and a full bath. This level also has a spacious walk-in closet, separate utility room and additional storage areas. A separate outside entrance makes this level ideal for use as an in-law or guest suite. An attached roofed terrace across the entire back of the house and captures panoramic views of the marvelous gardens and Blue Ridge Mountains. A circular drive through the woods leads back to the 6-stall, center-aisle stable, beautifully constructed by the Jimmy Fletcher, a noted area barn builder. Hot and cold water, a wash stall with heat lamps and heated tack room provide comfort for both horse and rider.
Features and Improvements
* Cherry floors, stair treads and bannisters milled from owners’ owners’ trees.
* Chandelier and the door hardware hand made by a New York blacksmith.
* Venetian Plaster: used in main floor hallway, first-level study and all stairwells.
* Second level and lower level ceilings are 9 feet.
* Main level ceilings are 10 feet.
* Front and Mudroom doors are mahogany
.* Drainfield capacity is 6 bedroom.
* Horse Stable built by Jimmy Fletcher (well-known builder in area)
* Stucco siding, copper gutters, architectural shingled roof.
* Pella windows and French doors.
* Sound System throughout first level and roofed terrace.
* Three board fencing: approximately 26 acres fenced in two paddocks.
* Water and electric to both paddocks.
* Two sheds for equipment storage.
* All Points Broad Band internet service.
* Crown Moldings.
* Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer, Miele dishwasher.
* Handmade tiles by Joan Gardner.
* Mud room and laundry: custom cubby cabinetry for coats and dog beds. Laundry chute from primary bedroom closet.
* Water treatment system.
* Trees: Oak, (some over 100 years), Maple, Sassafras, Hickory, Sweet Gum, Locust, Cherry, Weeping Cherry.
* Stable: Rubber mats in aisle and stalls.
Bluemont, Virginia | 37.27 acres | $3,495,000 Get Directions | MLS #VALO439628